Monday, August 1, 2011

Gold Coast/Surfer's Paradise Weekend

So as I promised, I'm back with plenty of stories from this weekend.  The trip down on Thursday was great, only about an hour and a half or so.  Great view of Byron Bay from the highway, and an even better view of the Gold Coast as we (my friend Matt and I) drove in.  We stayed at his friends Matt, Jenae, and Cadyn's apartment on the 18th floor of the Southport Central Tower 2.  The view from their apartment was crazy amazing.  That night we went out to a club called 'Vanity' because one of our friend won a free drinks voucher.  It was a pretty good time, even though the voucher was a scam haha.  Friday we went fishing, but didn't catch anything.  I ended up slipping and getting cut on a clam shell, which was quite painful might I add.  While we were fishing (we were standing in the ocean) I had a sting ray swim/float, whichever it is, about five feet away from me.  That was the highlight of the fishing trip for sure.  I had kangaroo steak for dinner on Friday and it was delicious, wouldn't mind bringing some back to the States!  Saturday was a pretty relaxing day, Matt and I went to the beach for a while and then we walked around the mall checking out some of the shops.  That night we went out to the club 'Cocktails & Dreams' for our friend Jenae's birthday.  On Sunday we woke up and got some breakfast/lunch at KFC and headed downtown for a round of mini golf.  After that we went back to the apartment and hung out for a while before we came back home to Lismore.  That pretty much sums up the weekend, be ready for the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment